UNIT 5: A normal day in my life
From Monday to Friday all days
are more or less the same. It is called routine, because you do it over and
over again. Maybe you change what you take for breakfast or your after-school
lessons, but more or less it’s quite the same.
Every day I wake up at 7:45…
Well, my mother does it. First thing I do in the morning is going to the
bathroom and wash my face. Then I go straight to the kitchen to have my
breakfast. In England we normally have a heavy breakfast, because we do not eat
anything strong until night. But I do not do like my father, that eats
sausages, eggs and bacon at 8 in the morning. Disgusting! I just take a cup of
milk with some cereals. What do you have there for breakfast?
Then I go back to the bathroom to
brush my teeth and I take the clothes to the school. In my school we do not
wear uniform, but it is something very common here. When I finish combing my
hair I prepare the backpack and my mother finally drops me in the school.
Our School starts at
8:55 with registration. The teacher reads out each child’s name in
turn. On hearing his/her name, the child replies 'yes Mrs. (teacher's name)'
and the teacher notes down in the book whether the child is in school or not.
At 9:10 we go to assembly. In
assembly we sing songs and listen to a story. Our first lesson begins at 9:20.
We have break time from 10:20 until 10:35. During break time, children have a
snack and play games out doors.
Afterwards, we go back in for
another lesson until lunch at 12:00. Afternoon lessons begin at 1:10
and end at 3:15, when children go home. We do not have a break in the
afternoon.
When I finish school I have
extra-curricular lessons, as I told you in Unit 2. So, depending on the day, I
go to music lessons, football, or whatever. If I have some homework to do I do
it after that, when I get home. I finally have dinner at seven more or less and
I go straight to bed after reading a little in the bed.
And, what about you? What about
your school’s timetable? Do you start and finish at the same time? What do you
do in your daily basis? Do you have extra-curricular lessons as well? Tell me
everything!












No comments:
Post a Comment