Monday, 6 July 2015

UNIT 14





Do you play tennis?



    The year is ending and I think I have not told you about my nine years old birthday. You know that I am a completely fanatic of tennis. I know you in Spain worship Rafael Nadal, but here in Britain our best is Andy Murray. Never mind, my parents gave me that day an envelope with something inside. I looked at them like strange, I mean, an envelope’ What kind of game can fit in an envelope? But my parents were so anxious that I opened it so quickly and… Better than any game you can imagine! Can you think what was inside the envelope?

  That is it! Exactly! Three tickets for the finals of the Wimbledon Championship! I couldn’t imagine! I was going to see the best tennis players in the world!

    If you do not know, the Wimbledon Championship is one of the tennis tournaments players play in the month of June. It is the oldest tennis tournament in the world, and it was first played in 1877. It is the third Grand Slam of the year, after Australia and before EEUU tournaments.

    But I am not here to tell you about it, I am here to tell about my experience! I went to the finals and Andy was there, playing against Novak Djokovich. I could not imagine I was looking at them and it was not the TV! I don’t have to spoil you the end because that happens some years ago, but it was the best experience of my life.

   I have played tennis since I was a child. I liked it because my father practised it, and after years watching him playing I decided I wanted to have a go and try it. And it is a very exciting sport: you have to run a lot, have good movements with the racket, and it is a very polite sport… The audience can’t talk during a tennis match!


   And you? Have you ever played to tennis? How was it? Do you like any other sport? Tell me! I want to know!

Andy Murray, British tennis player



Wimbledon Championship's


Wimbledon Championship's

No comments:

Post a Comment