Where do I live?
When I once went to Spain I saw that houses looked very different tan British houses: they were manily flats! However, british people live in other kind of houses. I am going to explain you where British people live and how my house looks like.
When I once went to Spain I saw that houses looked very different tan British houses: they were manily flats! However, british people live in other kind of houses. I am going to explain you where British people live and how my house looks like.
Most people in England live in urban areas. Towns and cities are
getting bigger to cope with the increase populations. In England, an average of
7,000 hectares of farmland, countryside and green space were converted to urban
use every year between 1985 and 1998. This is almost the equivalent size of
9,600 international football pitches!
More people are buying their own homes than in the past. About
two thirds of the people in England and the rest of Britain either own their
own home. Most others live in houses or flats that they rent.
Most houses in England are made of stone or brick from the local
area where the houses are built. The colours of the stones and bricks vary
across the country.
England has many types of homes. In the large cities, people
often live in apartments, which are called flats. In most towns, there are
streets of houses joined together in long rows. They are called terraced houses
The main types of houses in England are:
- Detached
(a house not joined to another house)
- Semi-detached
(two houses joined together)
- Terrace
(several houses joined together)
- Flats
(apartments)
The most popular type of home in England is
semi-detached (more than 27% of all homes), closely followed by detached then
terraced.
Semi-detached houses
However, I live in a detached house. It is not joined to any other house, and it has a very big garden to play. It has three flats: on the groundfloor you can find the kitchen, the living room, a bathroom and a small room where we have a computer. In the first floor I have my own room, my parent's room, a guest's room for my grandparents or any other friend that comes to my house and another bathroom. And then the last floor is for a special room called the attic. We have a large sofa there and it is a very comfortable place to read or watch the TV.
Here you have some pictures of my home! And now tell me! How does your house look like? How many floors does it have?
My house!
One of the bathrooms
My own room!
The guest's room
The attic with the large sofa
The kitchen
The stairs to get to the first floor. It is full of pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment