My closest family
In this unit I am going to teach you two different things: about my family and important features about England. Do you know which is teh highest mountain? And the longest river? And do you know about dad and mum? It is the moment to speak about all this
MY FAMILY
My is quite... little. I told you about where I lived in the other theme, number 3, but I did not say anything about my parents! Yes, I live with them in a house. The bad thing is that I do not have brothers, sisters and even pets! It is just them and me, but we have a lot of fun!
My mum works as a nurse in a hospital. She studied very hard to be the best one, and now she is working in one of the best hospitals of London. When she was young she lived in another city of England called Cambridge.
Distance from London to Cambridge
She is the most intelligent person of the family. No, seriously. She knows everything of anything. It is amazing. She is a very cultivated person.
My dad works in a school. Not mine, but one that is close to our house. He is a very good teacher, all his students love him. I know it because some of my friends go to his school, and they tell me he does very interesting activities. In contrast to my mum, my dad is from London. Actually, I do not know where they met. It is something I have to ask them!
GREAT BRITAIN
Great Britain is made up of four different countries: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The total area is 243.305 squared kilometres and the biggest country is England, with 130.395 square kilometres. The smallest one is Northern Ireland, with 13.843 square kilometres. It is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and Southern Ireland.
United Kingdom
The longest river is the Severn River, with 354 km of length. The river Thames is the second one with 346 km.The highest mountain is the Scafell Pike, with 978 metres.
Severn River
Severn River
Scafell Pike
The largest city is London, with 7 million inhabitants in the whole town and 5 millions in the outskirts. The most spoken language is English, but some people speak Welsh as well.
London and the outskirts
In order to pay we do not use the Euro, we use the pound. Moreover, the most extended religion is the Anglican Church.
And, what about your country? Can you tell me what is the highest mountain? And the longest river? I am waiting for your answers!






No comments:
Post a Comment